Since many of us don’t move that often, it’s a fact that we’d never truly get that much good at it. Professionals, on the other hand, move things as a part of their job and become specialists in the do’s and don’ts of moving to ensure that your move is completed without any hassle. There are few little secrets on moving that will helps you a lot.
A move is made up of three phases – packing for the move, moving, and unpacking at your new place. Achieving the maximum outcome of all three phases results in the most pleasurable relocation imaginable. You might never want to move for the purpose of moving or because you enjoy the process, but here are some tips that will help make your move a pleasant experience. So here are those little secrets on moving.
- First and foremost, do not move anything that is not absolutely necessary. You are responsible for all the stuff you move, so toss out all unnecessary items before the movers reach your place.
- Don’t pack items like paint, gas tanks, or bottles containing poisonous chemicals. Should leakage occur, the expenses might be considerably more than the savings; they are often hefty and readily replaceable where you are relocating to.
- Another little secrets on moving is, keeping valuables, such as jewellery, cash, and coins with you or transport them safely. If it’s incredibly valuable, don’t take a risk because it could be a nightmare for you if any of them go missing.
- Speak to your relocation consultant and confirm the dates and services that will be provided. Inform the carriers immediately once you find out the dates, ideally two to three weeks before the relocation.
- Prepare a checklist of goods at storage services, your workplace, or your family’s home. And of course, there are plenty of mobile Apps for that!
- Another little secrets on moving you must know is, putting labels on all boxes and maintain a record of what each box contains, along with individual furniture items and other goods like garden tools, sports equipment, and so on.
- Examine every corner of your place including attics and basements to ensure that you have not missed out on anything or leaving anything behind.
- Another little secrets on moving is, making a note of any goods that may require special care. Glass and marble tabletops, taxidermy, and hefty mirrors or portraits that may require wooden packaging are all examples of this. Ensure that you have informed the mover of these goods prior to the day of moving in order to prevent unpleasant surprises on that day.
- Examine the accessibility for packing and unpacking at each stop. Is it possible to park the moving vehicle within a few feet of your front door? If not, you will have to incur long-distance transportation and perhaps shuttle expenses. The existence of elevators and stairs can also result in increased expenses. Be honest and forthright about these concerns to prevent unexpected additional expenses or discovering that your cherished cabinet does not fit into the elevator at your new property.
- Remember that communication is key! On moving day, be certain that the phone number you provide your movers with is readily reachable throughout the day. Keep your mobile charged or make sure your landline is still active till after you relocate.
- Make plans for pets and younger kids to be cared for on the day of moving. People going backwards with big furniture pieces are not a good place for them to be near.
- Give contact information at the destinations, such as hotels, new homes, cell phones, and places of employment in the case of office moving. If you are moving a long distance to your new place and it will take a considerable amount of time for you to get there, offer a detailed schedule and keep someone ready to respond to inquiries in your place just in case you are unreachable at a particular moment. Not providing guidance in a timely manner – for instance, if a key is nowhere to be found and the delivery truck has already arrived–can cost you an arm and a leg.
After you’ve chosen your mover out of the certified list of moving companies provided by Aris Moving, collaborate with them and question them a lot. Aris Moving can provide you with the best moving deals. These individuals relocate thousands of people each year, so they know exactly what they’re doing and can give you essential advice on packing and tracking, and help you experience a stress-free and effective relocation.